Sunday 3 January 2010

About that resolution.......

....well, it just goes to show that my resolution some years ago to not make any more resolutions was bang on the money.

But enough of that, that's so 2009. Here we are in 2010 and it's the future! They promised us flying cars and men from Mars but instead we've got the same old wars over the same old things and nothing really ever changes.

Or does it?

As the world held it's breath and waited for the Millennium Bug to make clocks stop and planes fall out of the sky, I was in a different city, a different job, and in a very different life to the wonderful one I have today. That's not to say I wasn't happy back then because I was, just not anywhere near as happy and settled and content as I am now.

I turn 40 this year, as do a good few of my friends, some of whom I've known for decades, but rather than feeling old, I'm just (as Bon Jovi put it, kinda) feeling older. Wiser? Maybe a little. Happier? Certainly.

As 2010 takes its first lungfulls of air, drawing its breath before it really starts to scream and let us know it's here, I'd like to wish each and every one of you who know me a happy, healthy and prosperous year, and indeed, decade.

Those of you who are my peers will know the feeling that I'm feeling right now. We're no longer young, but we're far from old. We know now what we wish we'd known then, but wouldn't have coped with knowing, so it's up to us to forge ahead, make the most of our potential, and pursue those dreams that you've been promising yourself you'll get around to one of these days.

Life is not a rehearsal, they say. I agree, so let's go out there and give the performance of our lives.......

No comments: