Thursday 22 May 2008

Seconds Out....Round Two!

Be yourself, they say.

Wise words, I say, and something that I have always done when being interviewed for jobs throughout my entire career, and something that (fingers crossed) seems to have stood me in good stead once again.

Two days ago I went for an interview for a new position, based in London a very handy five minute walk from Liverpool Street station, and one that I think would be a very interesting and challenging role.

The interview lasted just shy of two hours, and my presence has been requested again tomorrow for a follow up. Now I'm not going to jinx anything, but let's just say that I have a quietly confident feeling about the whole thing.......which probably means that in a couple more days I'll be sobbing into my keyboard having not landed the job!

Thankfully I find myself in the great position of not having to worry about landing another job straight away, which will give me ample time to prepare for my move to Colchester in a few weeks, and then another couple of weeks to get the house as I like it, and more importantly all prepared for the three people who will be moving in with me and sharing my life going forwards.

In the meantime I have one final soujorn over to Holland with work followed by a weekend in Amsterdam with a friend from work, and then a weekend racing around catching up with friends in Nottingham the week after.

The recent hospital shenanigans aside, and thankfully Deborah is doing very well and becoming stronger by the day, I have to say that life is very, very good. I've never felt more creative, nor more loved and appreciated, all of which I am sure contributed to the relaxed person that I was walking into the interview on Tuesday. I even managed an online bout of Halo 3 with Professor TJ and Blessed Kitten the other night, and look forward to many more.

So, wish me luck for tomorrow, and I'll see you on the other side of my second interview.....

1 comment:

Deborah said...

...and I will be there with you tomorrow in spirit.

Love you.
xxx